There is going to be a slight delay with the change over with most of the design work happening on Monday. So for now I have this thought and a question to share with you. What is the importance of financial health in finding a significant other? Let's imagine a situation:
You meet a girl (or guy) who you're very attracted to. You go on a few dates and come to the conclusion that they are someone that you could see yourself dating for a while if not something longer term. A week or two later, your date mentions that they are in over $100,000 of debt from medical bills from a previous accident. If you were to continue dating and should something eventually come of your relationship, the massive debt is a burden that you would have to help bear. Being that you've just begun dating what kind of influence would this have on your decision making? In contrast, what kind of sacrifices would you make in other areas if your new date was very wealthy? Would either of these things even be an issue?
Welcome to A-Train Finance Blog. I talk about the ins and outs of money and how to put your money to work for you. I cover investing, how to get started and why it's so important. Want to get daily updates? Subscribe and enjoy A-Train Finance!
December 8, 2007
Relationships and Financial Health
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I don't know,I would prefer to have someone that is either very close financially to me, or a little bit lower. It would be pretty awkward to have her be a ton richer.
I think it is more important to connect with someone who has similar 'money style' - if one is a spender and one is a saver, there could be friction.
I'm really lucky, me and my S.O. are both savers. This is a values issue.
As for the debt vs. wealth issue. Probably not quite as important - if you are both the same style.
I think if you are entertaining spending a lot of time with someone in debt, you are better off getting them out of debt (even doing it together) before any type of marriage contract.
If you have money, a prenuptial agreement will be part of your strategy. You don't get rich by having bad contracts. This is just another kind of contract. Ask Donald Trump.
That's my 2cents,
Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com
Post a Comment