Welcome to A-Train Finance Blog. I talk about the ins and outs of money and how to put your money to work for you. I cover investing, how to get started and why it's so important. Want to get daily updates? Subscribe and enjoy A-Train Finance!

December 6, 2007

Defining Purpose: Why A-Train Finance Exists

I started this blog for a few reasons. The first is a passion for finance and helping others with it. I completely enjoy sitting down and explaining the difference between a Roth IRA and a 401k to someone who is interested. I probably get way too excited about it when someone is genuinely curious. Secondly it blows my mind when I find out that people my age truly don't know how important it is to save money, specifically for retirement. I want to make people aware (hopefully in an amusing way) of the 'magic' and math of compounding interest. What a huge difference $1000 dollars can make today (approx. $100,000 44 years from now!), and what kinds of investments are best suited to their needs. Lastly but most certainly not leastly (that's not a word) writing for A-Train Finance helps me in many ways. It helps me discover how people learn and how to best present financial information in a way that others can understand and process. My target audience for the site was intended for those in college or recently graduated who are wondering what to do with their student loans, investing, financial planning, etc. Obviously anyone that would like to read the site is more than welcome to and I hope that it is greatly informative and helpful to your financial needs. So thank you for helping me as I walk along the path of some day becoming a Certified Financial Planner and I will do my best to return the favor.

I thank you for reading A-Train Finance and look forward to a long lasting financial journey with you all.

Sincerely,
-Anthony

No comments: