Welcome to A-Train Finance Blog. I talk about the ins and outs of money and how to put your money to work for you. I cover investing, how to get started and why it's so important. Want to get daily updates? Subscribe and enjoy A-Train Finance!

December 10, 2007

Bright Idea Book: No such thing as a bad idea

OK, that's a complete lie. There are definitely bad ideas, but I believe that there should be no such thing as a wasted idea. The image to the right is a small notebook that I carry around with me in my wallet. It's very simple as it is made out of lined notebook paper and two staples. Just for fun I sketched the light bulb and wrote 'Bright Ideas' on the cover. (Just in case I forgot?). The concept is this: every idea that you have is worth something. Whether it's related to finance, entrepreneurship or life in general. Even if it's something that doesn't seem practical there is always something to be learned from that idea. The best thing to do is to write down the ideas that you have so that you can look back at them at a later time. How else can you expect to remember all the ideas that you have? I flipped through my idea book and saw that the very first writing in it was this 'Home Depot Jingle - Techno Remix.' You know what I'm talking about, right? Yeah. Is that a bad idea? Maybe. But the fact is if I'm ever in a studio sitting there with a friend who's asking 'Well, what should we do now?' All I have to do is flip through my bright idea book and viola! Home Depot Jingle Techno Remix. One day I might actually do that, but maybe not. Record your ideas whether they be 'good' or 'bad' and build from them. It's one of the only ways to stop you from reinventing your own wheel.

Want to get daily updates? Subscribe to my RSS Feed by clicking the large blue button to the right.

No comments: