
Today I wanted to share with you a very simple system that I used at work to keep all of my tasks and priorities organized. It worked very well for me and I’d like to get some feedback on how you like it. Although it has gotten much less hectic where I’m currently working, I still use it as a time management tool. It is a very simple quadrant system that is broken down into 4 different deadlines. My choices were ½ hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, and End of Day. Whenever you acquire a new task, write it in the appropriate quadrant with the actual deadline time in the “due by” column to the right of it. I use a highlighter to cross out completed tasks which is satisfying to do and makes sure nothing gets missed. As time goes by if there are uncompleted items in the bottom quadrants just cross them out and write them back in the top quadrants with the appropriate deadline. In the peak of my job, my quadrant showed 10 min, 30 min, 1 hour, and 2 hour deadlines! I’d love to hear some feedback about this system and if anyone uses a similar one. I created 3 formats, one in Excel that you can edit yourself. You can get it at the A-Train Finance File Library.
Welcome to A-Train Finance Blog. I talk about the ins and outs of money and how to put your money to work for you. I cover investing, how to get started and why it's so important. Want to get daily updates? Subscribe and enjoy A-Train Finance!
November 21, 2007
A-Train Finance Quad: Prioritized & Organized
Labels:
Organization,
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great post. I've been trying to figure out a way to get more organized. I found this site called pocketmod that let's you print out different 1 sheet organizers such as yours. You can drag/drop daily/weekly/tasklist/etc onto it and then print it. Check it out at www. pocketmod.com.
I've also heard of the bubble planner, but haven't been able to find any freebies yet.
Post a Comment