Welcome to A-Train Finance Blog. I talk about the ins and outs of money and how to put your money to work for you. I cover investing, how to get started and why it's so important. Want to get daily updates? Subscribe and enjoy A-Train Finance!

November 23, 2007

Black Friday - Worth the wait?

I will admit the deals can be pretty good on Black Friday, but are they worth the trouble? I still recall the nightmare of Thanksgiving two years ago when a friend and I went to best buy at 12:00 AM that night. It was freezing cold so we layered up in fleeces, winter jackets, 3 pairs of pants, whatever we could find. We got there only to find that there were already 30 people in line, some of which had tents. Regardless we stood out in the cold for four and a half hours waiting for a Best Buy rep to come out and give the coupons for the limited number of discount items we wanted. After waiting that long and being that miserable and cold the reps came out, distributed coupons and we got absolutely nothing. They were all taken before they even got to us. So ridiculous. Maybe I'd have a different opinion had I gotten one of the things I wanted but hey, history is history. This Black Friday tradition is getting worse and worse very year. People are out earlier, waiting longer just to save $100 bucks. Is the pain worth the savings?

No comments: